If you have bricked your Huawei Honor 7X in the process to gain root access and now you have no idea how to unbrick it then don’t worry. In this detailed Android Tutorial, we will tell you how to unbrick Huawei Honor 7X. This device is the latest offering in mid-range phones of Huawei. However, the device has the display with 18:9 aspect ratio, which is being used on most of the flagship devices. It comes with two storage options at 32GB and 64GB both with 4GB RAM. All in all, the device has very decent specs packed under the hood. Anyhow, if you have somehow managed to brick your Honor 7X then follow the below the guide on How to Unbrick Huawei Honor 7X.
Below are the downloads required to carry out the process of unbricking your phone. Make sure to download all the required programs.
- BND-AL10 full firmware (Download all three zip files) (Password: 4pda)
- Huawei Multi-Tool V8 (Download and install it on your PC)
- TWRP image for Honor 7X
How to Unbrick Huawei Honor 7X (BND-Al10)
- Launch Huawei Multi-Tool on your PC and connect your Honor 7X in fastboot mode to your PC.
- Turn off your device, now hold down the Volume Down button while connecting it to your PC with a USB cable.
- In the Multi-Tool software, click on Recovery tab and then click on Select Image
- Select the downloaded TWRP image and click Flash Recovery.
- Once the TWRP is flashed, disconnect your phone turn it off again.
- Extract the downloaded zip into a folder. You should have an UPDATE.APP file now in this folder.
- Now click on Unbrick Tab and then Click on the Launch Huawei Update Extractor
- Browse to the folder where you extracted update.zip. Select APP file and extract its contents into a folder named updateappone.
- Right-click on an empty space in the Extractor tool and select Extract all.
- Now find the img in the folder where you extracted UPDATE.APP file. Copy Vendor.img to an external microSD card and place the card on your phone.
- Now boot your Honor 7X into recovery mode. To do so, turn on the device by pressing and holding Power and Volume Up buttons together.
- Select Wipe> Advanced Wipe and select all the available partitions, then swipe at the bottom to wipe all of them.
- Now go back to the main menu of TWRP and TAP Install >> Install IMG.
- Here select the Vendor.IMG from the microSD card and swipe at the bottom to initiate the flashing process. Make sure you flash it to the Vendor partition only.
- Again, connect your device to PC in fastboot mode.
- Now extract the zip named update_full_BND-device-model_hw_your-region into a folder. You will now have another APP in that folder. Extract it with the same method mentioned above to reach the CUST.img file.
- Copy CUST.img to the updateappone
- In the Multi-tool, click on the Specify folder button under the Unbrick tab and select the updateappone folder.
- Click on Unbrick button and that’s pretty much it. Wait for the process to complete.
This is how you can unbrick Huawei Honor 7X (BND-Al10).