In January Huawei released yet another mid-range phone dubbed P8 Lite 2017. This is the latest in Huawei’s mid-range series and should not to be confused with older P8 Lite which was released back in 2015. This latest smartphone comes with 5.2-inch Full HD screen, 3GB of RAM, and Octa-core processor. P8 Lite 2017 (PRA-LX1) packs a decent hardware along with some reasonable features. Being a power Android user you would like to install different Custom ROMs on P8 Lite 2017, but this won’t possible unless you unlock the bootloader on P8 Lite 2017 (PRA-LX1) running on Android 7.0 Nougat. Therefore, in this Android Tutorial, we will tell you How to Unlock Bootloader on P8 Lite 2017 (PRA-LX1).
If you plan to root P8 Lite 2017 or install TWRP Custom Recovery on P8 Lite 2017 then first you need to unlock the bootloader on P8 Lite 2017. Huawei released this smartphone with a locked bootloader. So, you need to follow the below guide in order to Unlock bootloader on P8 Lite 2017 (PRA-LX1). And then you can unleash its real power by rooting and installing TWRP on it.
Without any further ado, let’s follow the guide and unlock bootloader on Huawei P8 Lite 2017.
Note: The method only works on Huawei P8 Lite 2017 variant model no. PRA-LX1
- Make sure the ADB, Fastboot and USB Drivers are installed on your PC.
- Enable Developer Options, to do this go to Settings > About Phone. From here tap on build number 6 to 7 times.
- Enable USB Debugging in Settings > Developer Options.
- Enable OEM Unlocking by going to Settings > Developer Options.
- Backup all important data as unlocking bootloader on Huawei P8 Lite 2017 will delete all data.
- Make sure your device is charged up to 60% to avoid any shutdowns during unlock procedure. This might damage your device permanently.
- Your Huawei P8 Lite 2017 must be running on EMUI 5.0
- Note down the IMEI number and serial number in Settings > About > Status.
- Dial *#*#1357946#*#* on your phone and Note down the Product ID.
Get Unlock Code to Unlock Bootloader on Huawei P8 Lite 2017
- Signup/Login on Huawei’s unlock website.
- Go to Downloads and select Unlock Bootloader.
- Here fill the form using all the information you noted down. (IMEI, Serial Number, and Product ID).
- After completing the form click on Commit and then you will see the unlock code. Note it down.
How to Unlock Bootloader On Huawei P8 Lite 2017 (PRA-LX1) Using ADB:
- Now connect your Huawei P8 Lite 2017 to the PC.
- Next, go to ADB and Fastboot directory and open the command prompt there and type the following command.
- adb reboot bootloader
- Your phone will reboot now and enter into the Bootloader Mode.
- Enter the following command to finally unlock bootloader on Huawei P8 Lite 2017.
- fastboot oem unlock [unlock code]
That’s it! You have successfully unlocked the bootloader on your Huawei P8 Lite 2017.