In the previous tutorial, we told you how to unlock the bootloader on Huawei P8 Lite 2017 PRA-LX1 running on Android 7.0 Nougat. In this guide, we will talk about how to root and install TWRP on Huawei P8 Lite 2017 PRA-LX1. Without a custom recovery, it’s not possible to install any Custom ROM on P8 Lite 2017, and power users mostly like to install custom ROMs on their devices. Custom ROMs are bloat-ware free packs many awesome custom features which are not available in OEMs software. And to get full control you need to Root Huawei P8 Lite 2017 PRA-LX1. By following our guide you will successfully root your Huawei P8 Lite 2017 without any trouble.
Therefore, if you’re ready to root and install TWRP on Huawei P8 Lite 2017 then follow the below step by step guide.
- Make sure bootloader on Huawei P8 Lite 2017 is unlocked.
- Enable Developer Options, to do this go to Settings>About Phone. From here tap on build number 6 to 7 times.
- Enable USB Debugging in Settings>Developer Options.
- Install Huawei P8 Lite USB drivers.
- Enable OEM Unlocking by going to Settings > Developer Options.
- Backup all important data as while installing TWRP you might lose the data.
- Make sure your device is charged up to 60% to avoid any shutdowns during the installation of TWRP.
- Download Fastboot / ADB package for Windows
- Download Latest TWRP recovery for P8 Lite 2017
- Download SuperSU Root for P8 Lite 2017
How to Install TWRP on Huawei P8 Lite 2017.
- Extract the downloaded Fastboot / ADB package anywhere in the Windows.
- Now connect your Huawei P8 Lite 2017 with the computer via USB Cable.
- Download TWRP recovery .img file and save it in the same directory where you extracted Fastboot / ADB package files. Rename the file to recovery.img
- Next, go to the same directory where you have Fastboot/ADB and recovery.img on Windows: Open Command Prompt (Shift + Right-click > Open Command Prompt).
- Type in the following command and press Enter.
- adb reboot bootloader
- Your Huawei P8 Lite 2017 will now boot into bootloader mode.
- Once your phone is in bootloader mode, simply type in the following command and press enter.
- fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
That’s it! TWRP is now installed on your Huawei P8 Lite 2017. Now you need to Root Huawei P8 Lite. To do so, follow below steps.
How to Root Huawei P8 Lite 2017
- Download SuperSU Zip file.
- Move the downloaded Zip file to your device.
- Now boot your device into Recovery Mode. To do so, Turn Off your device and then boot into recovery mode by pressing and holding Volume Down + Power buttons simultaneously.
- You will now see TWRP Recovery main menu.
- Tap on Install and select the SuperSU zip file which you transferred to the device.
- Swipe right to confirm. This will start the installation process.
- After installation is completed, select Wipe Dalvik/Cache.
- Finally, reboot the device.
That’s it! You have successfully rooted Huawei P8 Lite 2017 and installed TWRP recovery.