Huawei P9 was launched back in April 2016. The phone perfectly carried the legacy of its predecessor Huawei P8. As soon as Huawei P9 hit the shelves it became the market sensation because of its reasonable price tag and excellent hardware it had to offer. P9 has a crisp 5.2″ Full HD Screen and a powerful Non-removable 3000 mAh battery to keep the device up and running for a day. Moreover, it has an Octa-Core processor with 4GB of RAM and a pretty decent 12 MP camera. Huawei P9 came with Marshmallow out of the box with the planned upgrade to Nougat 7.0.
This powerful device comes with its bootloader locked. Therefore, it means to load any Custom ROMs or Custom Recoveries you need to unlock bootloader on Huawei P9. Fortunately, Huawei officially provides the unlock code to unlock bootloader on P9. Here’s a complete guide on how to Unlock Bootloader on Huawei P9.
- Make sure the ADB, Fastboot and USB Drivers are installed on your PC.
- Enable Developer Options, to do this go to Settings > About Phone. From here tap on build number 6 to 7 times.
- Enable USB Debugging in Settings > Developer Options.
- Enable OEM Unlocking by going to Settings > Developer Options.
- Backup all important data as unlocking bootloader on Huawei P9 will delete all of your data.
- Make sure your device is charged up to 60% to avoid any shutdowns during unlock procedure. This might damage your device permanently.
- Your Huawei P9 must be running on EMUI 4.1.
- Note down the IMEI number and serial number in Settings > About > Status.
- Dial *#*#1357946#*#* on your phone and note down the Product ID.
Get Unlock Code to Unlock Bootloader on Huawei P9:
- Signup/Login on Huawei’s unlock website.
- Go to Downloads and select Unlock Bootloader.
- Here fill the form using all the information you noted down. (IMEI, Serial Number, and Product ID).
- After completing the form click on Commit and then you will see the unlock code. Note it down.
How to Unlock Bootloader On Huawei P9 Using ADB:
- Now connect your Huawei P9 to the PC.
- Open the command prompt and type the following command.
- adb reboot bootloader
- Your phone will reboot now and enter into the Bootloader Mode.
- Enter the following command to finally unlock bootloader on Huawei P9.
- fastboot oem unlock [unlock code]
That’s it! You have successfully unlocked the bootloader on your Huawei P9.