The LG K10 is another powerful device recently released by LG. The device comes with Android Marshmallow and unfortunately a locked bootloader. Most of LG’s devices comes with a locked bootloader which is a major turn off form some users. Here we will tell you how to unlock bootloader of LG K10. To really reap the benefits of Android you need to have a device with an unlocked bootloader. Since you need an unlocked bootloader to flash Custom ROMs, root your phone, or install modified kernels. Once bootloader of LG K10 (K420N/K420DS) is unlocked, you can use the device to its potential.
Therefore, if you are fed up of bloatware stuffed in LG K10, or you just need to try awesome Custom ROMs on your LG K10 then you must unlock the bootloader of your LG K10. Because to perform anything above factory restrictions you need to root LG K10 and install a Custom Recovery like TWRP or CWM. This is not an official way to unlock the bootloader of LG K10 so it will void your warranty. Please follow below guide to Unlock Bootloader of LG K10 (K420N/K420DS).
Note: This guide is only for K420N/K420DS variant of LG K10. So, please don’t try it on any other variant.
WARNING: ANDROIDTUTORIAL.NET WILL NOT BE HELD RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY KIND OF DAMAGE. PROCEED AT YOUR OWN RISK.
- Before proceeding any further backup all your important data like Emails, Messages, Personal Photos, and Videos.
- ADB and Fastboot drivers must be installed on your PC.
- Download and install LG USB drivers on your Windows PC.
- Make sure USB Debugging mode is enabled on your Android Device. You can enable USB Debugging by going to Settings > Developer Options.
- The device should be charged up to 70% to avoid any unexpected shutdowns. This is very important, any shutdown during the process can damage your device permanently.
How to Unlock Bootloader of LG K10 (K420N/K420DS)
Step 1: First of all download all the files mentioned in Downloads section directly on your device or PC.
Step 2: Use LG UP software to flash K420n10B_00_0524.kdz
Step 3: Root your LG K10 with KingORoot.
Step 4: Now connect your phone with PC and type “adb shell” in command prompt.
Step 5: Copy/paste the aboot file into /sdcard/ folder.
Step 6: Type “su” to enter the root shell.
Step 7: Then type the below command.
dd if=/sdcard/aboot_patched.img of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p7
Step 8: Now simply reboot your phone.
That’s it! Now you have an LG K10 with an unlocked bootloader.