In this tutorial, we will tell you How to Unlock Bootloader of OnePlus 5T. Unlocking bootloader is the first towards rooting your Android device. Therefore, if you plan to install a Custom ROM or flash any modified zip packages on your OnePlus 5T then the first thing you should be doing is to unlock Bootloader of OnePlus 5T. This flagship is just unveiled a couple of days ago. As speculated it comes with an 18:9 display and the annoying jelly scrolling issue of OnePlus 5 is also fixed. Anyhow, keep reading if you want to unlock bootloader of OnePlus 5T.
Make sure you go through the whole guide before applying any of the steps.
- Before proceeding any further backup all your important data like Emails, Messages, Personal Photos, and Videos.k
- Download and install Latest OnePlus 5T USB drivers on your Windows PC or Mac.
- Make sure USB Debugging mode is enabled on your Android Device. You can enable USB Debugging by going to Settings > Developer Options.
- OEM unlocking should also be enabled.
- Setup and install ADB and Fastboot drivers on your PC.
- The device should be charged up to 70% to avoid any unexpected shutdowns. This is very important, any shutdown during the process can damage your device permanently.
How to Unlock Bootloader of OnePlus 5T
- First of all, power off your OnePlus 5T and boot into fastboot mode.
- To do so, turn on the phone by pressing and holding the Power and Volume Down buttons Don’t release the buttons until your device is booted in recovery mode.
- Select ‘Advanced‘ and then select ‘Reboot to fastboot‘.
- Once your phone is in Fastboot Mode, connect it to the computer via USB Cable.
- Go to ADB and Fastboot folder and open the command prompt there. Hold shift key + Right click> Select Open Command Window here.
- Now type in the following command to display the list of device: fastboot devices
- Now type in the following command in Command Window: fastboot oem unlock
- Here you will see the bootloader warning page. Use Volume rockers to select the ‘Yes’ and then press the Power Button.
That’s it! You have unlocked Bootlader of OnePlus 5T.