You can now update your Samsung Galaxy S5 to Android 8.0 Oreo. Yes, you read it right! Now you can update Galaxy S5 to Android 8.0 Oreo via Lineage OS 15 Custom ROM. You won’t find Galaxy S5 in Android 8.0 Oreo update list of Samsung. Android 6.0 Marshmallow was the last official update S5 received by Samsung. But, by installing this custom ROM on Galaxy S5, you will be able to enjoy all the official features of Android 8.0 Oreo along with many aftermarket awesome features developed by Lineage. The Custom ROM is pretty fast and stable. Therefore, you don’t have to worry about your Galaxy S5 getting slower. Keep on reading to get the full detailed guide on How to update Galaxy S5 to Android 8.0 Oreo Custom ROM.
By following our guide on How to Update Galaxy S5 to Android 8.0 Oreo Custom ROM, you will be able to enjoy the latest Android Oreo flavor on Galaxy S5. This is not an official update by Samsung and just a custom ROM. Therefore, in order to install it, your device must be rooted and CWM must be installed on it.
ANDROIDTUTORIAL.NET WILL NOT BE HELD RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY KIND OF DAMAGE. PROCEED AT YOUR OWN RISK.
- Your device must be rooted and ClockworkMod recovery must be installed.
- Before proceeding any further backup all your important data like Emails, Messages, Personal Photos, and Videos.
- Download Galaxy S5 USB Drivers on your Windows PC or Mac.
- Make sure USB Debugging mode is enabled on your Android Device. You can enable USB Debugging by going to Settings > Developer Options.
- The device should be charged up to 70% to avoid any unexpected shutdowns. This is very important, any shutdown during the process can damage your device permanently.
How to Update Galaxy S5 to Android 8.0 Oreo Custom ROM
We have tried to keep to very simple, for that reason we have put the guide step by step. You just need to follow every step carefully.
- Download Android 8.0 Lineage OS 15 Custom ROM and GAPPS for Galaxy S5.
- Connect your device with the computer using USB cable.
- Copy/Paste Android 8.0 Linage OS 15 Custom ROM.zip and Gapps.zip files to your SD Card. Make sure to place files on the root of SD Card and not in any folder.
- Then turn off your device and disconnect the USB Cable.
- Now get into recovery mode. Turn On the phone while pressing and holding Volume Up + Home + Power buttons together.
- Then in recovery mode perform a full data wipe by selecting wipe Data/factory reset. Use volume rockers for navigation and power button for option selection.
- Now, go to Advanced Option and clear the cache by selecting wipe cache partition and wipe dalvik cache.
- After performing Step 6 and 7, navigate back to the main recovery mode screen and select install zip from SD card.
- Now choose Android 8.0 Lineage OS 15 Custom ROM zip file, which you copied to your SD Card, and start the installation process.
- Repeat the same process for installing GAPPS after you are done with Step 9.
- That’s it! Now simply navigate to Recovery Mode Main Screen and select “Reboot System Now”. First boot can take up to five minutes.
You have successfully updated your Galaxy S5 to Android 8.0 Oreo Custom ROM.