Sony had a wonderful journey with Nougat updates. All the Sony devices received timely Android Nougat updates. Therefore, Sony plans to continue the same and after Google became the first major manufacturer to release Android 8.0 Oreo in its final form. Yes, you heard it right. Sony Xperia XZ Premium is now receiving Android 8.0 Oreo update all over the world. Obviously, this update is being pushed via OTA update so it means all the users are not going to get updated at once. But if you don’t want to wait for the OTA update then you can Download Xperia XZ Premium Android 8.0 Oreo FTF Firmware (47.1.A.3.254). SO, if you want to manually update Xperia XZ Premium to Android 8.0 Oreo then keep on reading.
Android 8.0 Oreo will bring a lot of cosmetic changes to your Xperia XZ Premium. Sony has introduced 3D Creator, Predictive Capture (Smile), Autofocus Burst, App shortcuts and improved sound quality. Thus, to enjoy all these features, you shouldn’t wait for OTA update and Download Xperia XZ Premium Android 8.0 Oreo FTF Firmware and update Xperia XZ Premium manually to Android 8.0 Oreo.
You can manually check the Xperia XZ Premium 47.1.A.3.254 Oreo update by going to Settings -> About Phone -> Software Updates.
- Before proceeding any further backup all your important data like Emails, Messages, Personal Photos, and Videos.
- Download and install Xperia XZ Premium USB drivers on your PC.
- Make sure USB Debugging mode is enabled on your Android Device. You can enable USB Debugging by going to Settings > Developer Options.
- The device should be charged up to 70% to avoid any unexpected shutdowns. This is very important, any shutdown during the process can damage your device permanently.
- Download Xperia XZ Oreo Zip file (OREO G8141 47.1.A.3.254 Commercial and Journalists_1309-9931_47.1.A.3.254_R1B)
- Download Xperia XZ Premium Android 8.0 Oreo FTF Firmware (47.1.A.3.254) – Link will be available soon!
- Download Sony Flash Tool
How to Update Sony Xperia XZ Premium to Android 8.0 Oreo
1# Flash Android 8.0 Oreo on Xperia XZ Premium using NewFlasher Tool
- Download Xperia XZ Oreo Zip file (OREO G8141 47.1.A.3.254 Commercial and Journalists_1309-9931_47.1.A.3.254_R1B).
- Now turn off your phone.
- Press Volume Down and connect Xperia XZ Premium to your PC via USB Cable.
- Extract the firmware file into a folder and delete partition folder from it.
- Extract the NewFlasher Tool in firmware directory and run NewFlasher.exe.
- Wait until your phone is flashed successfully. After successful installation, disconnect the phone.
2# Flash Android 8.0 Oreo on Xperia XZ Premium using Flashtool
- Download FlashTool from above and install Flashtool drivers. Go to Flashtool > Drivers > Flashtool-drivers.exe and install the Flashtool, Fastboot & Xperia drivers.
- Next download Xperia XZ Premium Android 8.0 Oreo FTF Firmware from above and save it on Flashtool > Firmware folder.
- Now run the Flashtool.exe.
- Click on Flash device->Flashmodeand Select the FTF firmware file.
- If you want a clean install from scratch Check Wipe cache, data, APPS_LOGand Otherwise, uncheck these options.
- After that click OK to start the preparation of flashing process. This process may take some time so be patient and let the process finish.
- You would know when the process is finished. Now connect your phone via data cable. The tool will ask you to connect the phone.
- Turn off your phone, now press and hold volume down key and connect it to PC via USB Cable.
- The flashtool will detect your phone and automatically start the installation process.
- Once the installation is completed, your phone will restart itself.
That’s it! You have successfully Updated Sony Xperia XZ Premium to Android 8.0 Oreo.