OnePlus 5T is the next version of flagship device OnePlus 5. There is very little difference between both the devices, the most noticeable change is the display. OnePlus 5T has a display with 18:9 aspect ratio and comes with a resolution of 2160 x 1080, where OnePlus only had Full HD display with usual 16:9 aspect ratio. Another major change is that fingerprint sensor is installed on the back of OnePlus 5T due to an edge to edge display most probably. Anyhow, this article is about the latest OxygenOS update. OnePlus 5T is now receiving OxygenOS 4.7.6 update which was announced by OnePlus 5T yesterday. The latest OxygenOS 4.7.6 update comes with December Security patch and the much-awaited Camera Optimization and System Improvements.
The update is being rolled out via OTA, therefore, every user will not be updated at once. Therefore, if you want to update OnePlus 5T manually to OxygenOS 4.7.6 update then proceed further and follow the guide. In this guide, we will tell you how to download and install OxygenOS 4.7.6 update on OnePlus 5T.
- Stability improvements
- Clarity improvements for selfie in low light
- Performance improvements for 3rd party camera apps
- Added assistive lighting for face unlock
- Improvements for expanded screenshot
- Improvements for Wi-Fi display
- Updated Android security patch to December
- Before proceeding any further backup all your important data like Emails, Messages, Personal Photos, and Videos.
- Download OnePlus 5T USB Drivers on your Windows PC or Mac.
- Make sure USB Debugging mode is enabled on your Android Device. You can enable USB Debugging by going to Settings > Developer Options.
- The device should be charged up to 70% to avoid any unexpected shutdowns. This is very important, any shutdown during the process can damage your device permanently.
- Your OnePlus 5T should be running on OxygenOS 4.7.5.
Download and Install OxygenOS 4.7.6 Update on OnePlus 5T
- Download OxygenOS 4.7.6 OTA update from the download section in zip format.
- Transfer the downloaded update file to your OnePlus 5T. Make sure to put the file on the root of your internal storage, not in any folder as OnePlus updater app only looks for update files on the root of storage.
- Once the above step is completed, open the Settings on your OnePlus 5T and go to the update section. (Settings >> System Updates)
- Now open the ‘System Updates’ settings by clicking on the gear icon on the top-right corner of the screen.
- Click on ‘Local Upgrade’ from the settings of System Updates. You should see the OTA update zip file in the local upgrade section.
- Tap on this OTA update zip file to initiate the installation process. The update process will take 4 to 5 minutes after which your OnePlus 5T will reboot automatically.
That’s it! OxygenOS 4.7.6 update is successfully installed on your OnePlus 5T.