In this Android Tutorial, we are going to tell you how to enable Face Unlock on Honor 8 Pro running on EMUI 8.0. You must be wondering, how is it possible to enable Face Unlock on Honor 8 Pro when it is not supported by the device. Well, the Face Unlock feature is already present on Honor 8 Pro but simply disabled by the manufacturer. An XDA member ante0 figured out a way to enable Face Unlock on Honor 8 Pro. The Face Unlock feature can be brought to your Honor 8 Pro device by a TWRP Flashable zip and a Magisk Module.
- An Honor 8 Pro running on the stock EMUI 8.0 firmware based on Android Oreo.
- A rooted Honor 8 Pro.
- TWRP Custom Recovery must be installed if you want to enable the feature via a TWRP flashable zip.
- TWRP Flashable zip to enable Face Unlock on Honor 8 Pro
- Magisk Module to enable Face Unlock on Honor 8 Pro
How To Enable Face Unlock On Honor 8 Pro Running On EMUI 8.0
- Download the Magisk Module from the link given above.
- Open Magisk Manager, and tap on the hamburger menu icon in the top-left.
- Select Modules and then tap on the floating ‘+’ sign.
- Here long press on “Face Unlock for Huawei” and then tap
- This will install the Face Unlock module on your device. Once the installation is completed, simply reboot the device for the changes to effect.
TWRP Flashable Zip
- Download TWRP Flashable zip from the link given above and transfer the zip file to your device.
- Boot your device into Recovery Mode. To do so, Turn Off your device and then boot into recovery mode by pressing and holding Volume Down + Power buttons
- Now you will see the TWRP Recovery Main Menu.
- Tap on Install and select the zip file which you transferred to the device.
- Swipe right to confirm. This will start the installation process.
- Once the installation is completed. Simply head back to the main menu of recovery and reboot your device.
That’s it! Face Unlock is enabled on your Honor 8 Pro.