At last after waiting for a long time Android 8.0 Oreo-based EMUI 8.0 update for the Honor 8 Pro is finally here. Huawei took a lot of time to release Android 8.0 Oreo-based EMUI 8.0 for the Honor 8 Pro, whereas, it was available for Honor V9 way back in December 2017, Honor V9 is Chinese Variant of Honor 8 Pro. The update is now being pushed via OTA in batches. Which means all the users are not going to get updated at once. You will have to sit and wait for the update to hit your device. However, if you don’t want to wait and want to take matters into your hand then you are in right place. In this article, we will tell you how to install Android 8.0 Oreo-based EMUI 8.0 update on Honor 8 Pro DUK-L09.
To update Honor 8 Pro DUK-L09 to Android 8.0 Oreo-based EMUI 8.0, you need to have an unlocked bootloader and TWRP Custom Recovery. We are going to flash Android 8.0 Oreo-based EMUI 8.0 by using a tool called Full OTA ROM Flasher. If you follow the steps carefully, you will get Android 8.0 Oreo-based EMUI 8.0 on your Huawei Honor 8 Pro DUK-L09 within no time.
- Before proceeding any further backup all your important data like Emails, Messages, Personal Photos, and Videos.
- Unlock Bootloader on Huawei Honor 8 Pro.
- Install TWRP Custom Recovery on Huawei Honor 8 Pro.
- Download Huawei Honor 8 Pro DUK-L09 USB Drivers on your Windows PC or Mac.
- Make sure USB Debugging mode is enabled on your Android Device. You can enable USB Debugging by going to Settings > Developer Options.
- The device should be charged up to 70% to avoid any unexpected shutdowns. This is very important, any shutdown during the process can damage your device permanently.
How To Download Android 8.0 Oreo-based EMUI 8.0 update on Honor 8 Pro DUK-L09
- First of all download Firmware Finder from the link provided above on your PC and extract it.
- After extracting the zipped file, you will find a FirmwareFinderRewrite.exe file inside the folder. Double-click on the file to run.
- In the Firmware Finder application, select your Huawei device by clicking on the Choose a model for the search
- Select the model number of your device from the list. You can easily find the model number of your device by navigating to Settings -> About Phone -> Model Number. In this case, it would be DUK-L09. However, choose it as per your device to make sure that you get the right update file.
- After selecting the model number, it’s time to search for the firmware for the device. Go to the second Tab in Firmware Finder and click on Start Button at the top to start the search process.
- Download zip, update_data_full_public.zip, and update_full_DUK-L09I_hw_in.zip files and save them in any folder for the time being.
How To Install Android 8.0 Oreo-based EMUI 8.0 Update on Honor 8 Pro DUK-L09
- Download Full OTA ROM Flasher from the above link. Extract it and you will get a folder of the same name.
- Now move all the downloaded update zip files into DUK_FullOTA_ROM_flasher
- Copy/Paste the folder into the root folder of your SD card on the device and reboot it into recovery mode.
- To boot into recovery mode; Turn off your Honor 8 Pro. Then turn it on by pressing and holding Volume Up and Power Button.
- Once you are in recovery menu click on Install and navigate to the DUK_FullOTA_ROM_flasher. Select the zip inside the folder and swipe at the bottom to flash.
- Your device will reboot after the flashing process is completed.
That’s it! You have successfully installed Android 8.0 Oreo-based EMUI 8.0 Update on Honor 8 Pro DUK-L09.