The Samsung Galaxy S9 is a beast of a phone which comes with the blazing fast Qualcomm Snapdragon 845/Exynos 9810 chips accompanied by 4GB and 6GB of RAM for Galaxy S9 and Galaxy S9+ respectively. The Korean phone manufacturer plans to ship the latest iteration in Galaxy Series somewhere between mid and end of March 2018. On a safe bet, many people would have their Galaxy S9/S9+ in their hands by the mid of April 2018. As soon as you get your hands on Galaxy S9, you would want to play with its system. The first thing power users do with any new Android device is that they find ways to root it so they could push the device to its limits.
We are pretty sure that soon there will be a lot of guides on how to root Galaxy S9, how to install TWRP on Galaxy S9, and so on so forth. In the process of mingling with your Galaxy S9/S9+, you will get stuck in situations where the only way out would to factory reset Galaxy S9 and Galaxy S9+. Therefore, in this Android Tutorial, we will tell you how to factory reset Galaxy S9 / S9+.
Before you opt to factory reset Galaxy S9, just keep in mind that this procedure will remove all your data on the internal storage including your photos, videos, docs, contacts, apps and their data. Your Google account will also be removed from the device, so, its necessary that you remember your Google Account login credentials before resetting Galaxy S9 /S9+.
There are two methods to factory reset your Galaxy S9/S9+. Choose whichever you find easy to apply.
Factory Reset Samsung Galaxy S9 and S9+ using Settings
- Go to Settings Application from App Drawer of your Galaxy S9/S9+
- Within Setting, tap on “Reset”.
- Now here tap on “Factory Data Reset”.
- Before tapping on “Reset Device” on the next page, read the instructions carefully.
- It will ask for your Password/Fingerprint/Pin, whatever you have selected, after that your device will be wiped. All data will be erased.
Factory Reset Samsung Galaxy S9 and S9+ using Recovery
- Turn off your Samsung Galaxy S9/S9+.
- Now turn it on by pressing and holding Volume Up + Power Button.
- As soon as the screen turns on, release the Power Button while keeping Volume Up button pressed.
- Now your phone is in recovery mode. You will see a list of things you can do in recovery mode.
- Here navigate to “Wipe Factory Data” and then press the power button to make the selection.
- Now press on Yes, this will factory reset your Galaxy S9/S9+.