The dark mode has always been very popular amongst the Android users. There are a lot of apps which opt for Dar UI not just because it looks cool but it also saves battery life, especially if your device has AMOLED display. The AMOLED displays are well known for providing pitch black dark to its users. Black can’t looker on any display other than the AMOLED one. Anyhow, the unfortunate fact to state here is that before Android P dark mode was never part of Android as a default option. Few manufacturers like OnePlus or Samsung provides its users with the ability to switch to dark mode. Switching to dark mode means everything turns to black. However, Not all the UI elements turn black. For instance, the notification shade or the navbar are left out. This gives an unsatisfying feel to the end user.
If you want a real dark mode, an ultimate dark mode, then you are in the right place. In this Android Tutorial, we are going to tell you how to activate Ultra Dark Mode on Galaxy S9/S9+. Apart from getting a cool dark UI, you can also save battery life on Galaxy S9/S9+. As we all know, the Galaxy S9/S9+ has an AMOLED display and AMOLED screen turns off the pixel to show the black. The more the black the more pixels will be turned off, which means your Galaxy S9/S9+ battery life will be extended automatically.
Let’s jump straight to the guide on how to activate Ultra Dark Mode on Galaxy S9/S9+. This guide doesn’t require any root. Go through the list of prerequisites carefully.
- Your Galaxy S9/S9+ must be running Android 8.0 Oreo.
- Black_Edition_V2 by MINU Installed (Instructions provided below).
- Install Andromeda on your Galaxy S9/S9+
- Substratum Theme Engine on Galaxy S9/S9+
- Swift Black Substratum Theme
- Enable Install Unknown Apps for Substratum (Navigate to Settings» Lock Screen and Security» Install Unknown Apps» Substratum» Allow from this Source)
- Andromeda Client on your PC/Laptop
- Developer Options Enabled
- Enable USB Debugging
Now it’s time to see How to install Black_Edition_V2 by MINU on your device.
How to Install Black_Edition_V2 Theme By MINU
- Open Samsung Themes App on your device.
- Search for the Black_Edition_V2 theme and click on download.
- Finally, tap on
That’s it! The theme is installed on your device. But, if you want to activate Ultra Dark Mode on Galaxy S9/S9+ then keep on reading.
How to Activate Ultra Dark Mode on Galaxy S9/S9+
- Connect your device to the PC via a USB Cable.
- Now launch Andromeda on your device.
- Next, check the box that says allow debuggable substratum builds.
- On your PC/Laptop, go to the folder where you download Andromeda Client.
- Then, open start_andromeda.bat and press any key to continue.
- The above step would turn Andromeda app on your device green.
- Now open the Substratum app on your device.
- Click on the Swift Black Theme.
- In the drop-down that says important, select Android 8 Samsung. After that, toggle the tab next to it.
- After that, hit the floating stack icon on the bottom right corner and click on install selected.
- Once all the overlays are built, click on Install and wait for the app to be installed.
Well, that’s it! You have successfully activated ultimate dark mode on Galaxy S9/S9+. However, if you want to switch back or want to uninstall a specific overlay then follow the below steps.
How to Uninstall an Overlay
- Open the Substratum App on your device.
- Click on the Manager Tab.
- Locate and select the Overlay you want to Uninstall.
- After that, hit the floating stack icon on the bottom right corner and click on uninstall selected.