Even though Android P’s full release is far away, it getting very much attention from the developers’ community. We have already seen some features stripped of Android P and been made available for other Android devices. Such features include Android P Media Controls, Android P Pixel Launcher, and Android P Screen Editor. This is happening because Android P is bringing in some really interesting features and its release for other Android devices is far away. When we say other, we mean that this time it’s only available for Google Pixel Devices in shape of Developer Preview. Anyhow, today we are going to tell you how to bring another interesting feature of Android P to any Android device. Android P’s Rotation Suggestion brings the third Orientation States to your Android device. And in this Android Tutorial, we are going to tell you How to install Android P Rotation Suggestion feature on any Android device.
In the previous version of Android, the device could only be in two orientation states: locked to portrait mode or auto-rotation enabled to switch between portrait and landscape mode. However, in Android P a third orientation state is introduced. In Android P, if you turn off auto-rotation the orientation will be locked to portrait mode. However, if you rotate your device in a way that you would do if you would want to switch to landscape mode, a new button will appear in the navigation bar that, when pressed, locks the orientation to landscape mode. You can, of course, go back to portrait mode by doing the opposite action, or you can turn this off entirely by just enabling auto-rotation mode. See the below video to see this feature in action.
We have found it to be a very handy feature. But the problem is it will be available in Android P. However, if you want to use this feature right now then keep on reading as I will tell you two ways through which you can install Android P Rotation Suggestion Feature on any Android Device. Actually, there are two apps which allows you to enjoy the third orientation state on any Android device.
Install Android P Rotation Suggestion feature on any Android Device with Dynamic Rotation Control
To get Rotation Suggestion working on Any Android device with Dynamic Rotation Control, you need to Android 4.1+.
- Download and Install Dynamic Rotation Control from Google Play Store.
- Open up the app and press the “start” button in the bottom-right hand corner.
- It will ask you to grant it two permissions: “Draw over other apps” and “System Settings.”
- Grant these permissions and you are good to go.
- Further, you can play with Settings provided by the app and set them as it suits you.
Install Android P Rotation Suggestion feature on any Android Device with Custom Navigation Bar
- Download and Install Custom Navigation Bar from Google Play Store.
- Open up the app and grant the permissions to the app it requires to function properly.
- Now, simply enable the “rotate suggestion” option in Settings.