Now you can make phone calls from your PC or Laptop using your Android Phone. This has been made possible with the amazing Microsoft’s phone app that seamlessly connects your Android phone with your Windows 10 PC or Laptop. The feature was in the testing phase previously, but now it’s available in a stable form. That means you can make phone calls from your PC/Laptop using your phone.
Your Phone app is free on both Android and Windows. Therefore, you don’t need to worry about any purchases — simply download and install the apps on both of your devices and follow our guide which will tell you how to setup Your Phone app on your PC and Android in order to call from PC or Laptop using your Android phone. The app not only allows you to make phone calls. It also syncs notifications and lets you manage phone media right on your PC.
Below is the guide in which we will tell you how to setup Your Phone app on your PC and Android. However, if you are using the latest Samsung flagship phone or have updated your Samsung phone to One UI 2.0 then you must have a link to Windows feature built-in.
How to Setup Your Phone App on PC and Android
- Download Your Phone App from Windows 10 App store. However, if you have the latest Windows 10 Update installed then this app should be pre-installed.
- Now download and install the same app [Your Phone App] on your Android Phone from Google Play Store.
- Once the app is installed, launch it and tap on Sign in with Microsoft.
- Log in with your Microsoft account tap on Continue.
- Grant the necessary permissions. Tap on Continue once again and then tap on Allow to prevent the app from begin closed in the background.
- Next, go over to your PC and launch the Your Phone App.
- Log in with your Microsoft account on your PC as well. Make sure to log in with the same account that you have used on your Android phone in order to sync both the devices perfectly.
- You should now see your Android device show up in the app.
- Click on Get Started and follow the on-screen instruction to finish the setup successfully. Instructions are self-explanatory.
- Now turn on Bluetooth on your Android phone and on your Windows 10 PC or Laptop.
- You would be asked to pair your phone with the PC.
- Once the pairing is done, your good to make phone calls via PC.
How to Make Phone Calls on Windows 10 Using Android Phone
Now that you have setup Your Phone App on both phone and pc and also paired them with each other successfully. It’s time to see how to actually make phone calls on Windows using your phone.
- First up, open Your Phone App on your Windows PC and click on the Keypad Icon present on the Left Bar.
- This will bring up the Keypad along with the Contacts search bar at the top.
- You can dial the number directly or search your phone for the contacts.
- Now, simply click on the Call icon to make the call.
It’s a very good feature for those who work for long hours on PC and doesn’t want to reach their phone every time it rings.