As we are writing, the Asus Zenfone 6 is in the process of receiving the Android 10 update. The update will roll-out in batches so not everyone is going to get the update at once. If you have received the OTA update then it’s good, otherwise, ahead you can download the Android 10 OTA update file for Asus Zenfone 6 aka Asus 6z. With the Android 10 OTA update file at hand, you can manually upgrade your Zenfone 6 to Android 10 update. According to a Reddit Thread, Android 10 OTA updates have been hitting the markets of India and America.
A big thanks to XDA, we now have the official Android 10 firmware file that you can download and install on your Zenfone 6 manually. Before you continue with the guide to manually upgrade your phone to Android 10 first let’s check if the OTA update is available in your region.
How to Manually Check for Android 10 Update on Asus Zenfone 6
- Open Settings your phone.
- In settings, tap on System Update.
- Finally, click on Check for updates.
If the update is available, download it and install it. Otherwise, continue reading as below we will tell you how to manually upgrade your Asus 6z to Android 10.
WARNING: All your data will be lost by manually upgrading your phone manually. So, make sure that you have backup all the important data on your device.
Before you start the process, also make sure that your phone has enough battery to survive the upgrading session. As per our recommendation you should at least 60% battery.
Download Android 10 OTA Update Files
- Only OTA Package | Upgrade From ‘17.1810.1910.68’ > ‘1810.1910.73’ | Download
- Full Firmware Package | Download ul-asus_i01wd-asus-17.1810.1910.73-1.1.1-user.zip
You can opt for only the OTA package or full firmware package, the choice is yours. However, we always recommend to for the full firmware package, therefore, in this guide, we will be using it to upgrade your Zenfone 6 to the latest Android 10.
How to Manually Upgrade Asus Zenfone 6 to Android 10 [FULL FIRMWARE PACKAGE]
- Download the full firmware package from the downloads section.
- Transfer the downloaded file to the internal storage of your phone.
- Now disconnect your phone from the computer and restart it.
- Once it reboots, you will see a popup in the notification “System update file detected”, just tap on that.
- Now, wait for the installation to complete.
- Once it’s completed, your phone will automatically reboot to the latest firmware.
- Enable USB Debugging on your Zenfone 6.
- Setup ADB and Fastboot drivers on your PC or MAC.
- Download the full firmware package from the downloads section and copy it to the ADB folder.
- Now turn off your phone and boot into recovery mode.
- Choose the option “Apply update from ADB’ and connect your device to your computer.
- Go inside the ADB folder on your computer, press shift and right-click to open the command prompt. Type the following command:
- adb sideload update.zip
- Wait for the installation process to complete. Then disconnect your phone from the computer and reboot it into the latest firmware.
That’s it! You have successfully upgraded your Asus Zenfone 6 to Android 10.