In this Android Tutorial, we are going to tell you how to root Huawei P20 Pro and install Magisk. This was not possible until now, a senior XDA developer, LastStandingDroid, has released a patched ramdisk image for the Huawei P20 Pro. Which means now you can root Huawei P20 Pro and install Magisk on it. This image dump is only for P20 Pro (with device name: CLT-L29) and the developer has promised that he will soon post a patched boot image of the Huawei P20. Therefore, at this time, only the owners of Huawei P20 Pro can benefit from this image dump and root their P20 Pro. In order to root Huawei P20 Pro, you need to obtain bootloader unlock code from Huawei, unlock bootloader, and then flash ramdisk with fastboot flash ramdisk CLT-L29-MAGISK.img. Let’s begin the process and root your P20 Pro.
- Make sure the ADB, Fastboot and USB Drivers are installed on your PC.
- Enable Developer Options, to do this go to Settings > About Phone. From here tap on build number 6 to 7 times.
- Enable USB Debugging in Settings > Developer Options.
- Enable OEM Unlocking by going to Settings > Developer Options.
- Backup all important data as unlocking bootloader on Huawei P20 Pro will erase all your data.
- Make sure your device is charged up to 60% to avoid any shutdowns during unlock procedure. This might damage your device permanently.
- Your Huawei P20 Pro must be running on EMUI 8.1.
- Note down the IMEI number and serial number in Settings > About > Status.
- Dial *#*#1357946#*#* on your phone and Note down the Product ID.
Get Unlock Code to Unlock Bootloader on Huawei P20 Pro
- Signup/Login on Huawei’s unlock website.
- Go to Downloads and select Unlock Bootloader.
- Here fill the form using all the information you noted down. (IMEI, Serial Number, and Product ID).
- After completing the form click on Commit and then you will see the unlock code. Note it down.
How to Unlock Bootloader On Huawei P20 Pro CLT-L29
- Now connect your Huawei P20 Pro to the PC.
- Next, go to ADB and Fastboot directory and open the command prompt there and type the following command.
- adb reboot bootloader
- Your phone will now reboot and enter into the Bootloader Mode.
- Enter the following command to finally unlock bootloader on Huawei P20 Pro.
- fastboot oem unlock [unlock code]
That’s it! You have successfully unlocked the bootloader on your Huawei P20 Pro.
How to Root Huawei P20 Pro and Install Magisk
- Download Magisk Patched Boot Image.
- Next, go to ADB and Fastboot directory and open the command prompt there and type the following command
- adb reboot bootloader
- Your phone will now reboot and enter into the bootloader mode.
- Enter the following command to root your Huawei P20 Pro and Install Magisk
- fastboot flash ramdisk CLT-L29-MAGISK.img
This is how you can root Huawei P20 Pro and Install Magisk on it.