Android 7.1.1 Nougat with build ID number 41.2.A.2.223 is now available for Sony Xperia XZ (G8231 / G8232). This latest official May security patch update for Sony Xperia XZ brings many new features along with enhanced security. After updating your Sony Xperia XZ to the latest Android 7.1.1 Nougat you will notice general increase the performance of the device. The latest May security update 41.2.A.2.223 brings a lot of new features like Multi Windows support, improved battery life, multi-tasking made a lot easier and much more. Sony has released this latest May security update, which is based on Android 7.1.1 Nougat, via OTA updates system which means all the users will not be updated at once. And you will have to wait until the update is available in your country.
However, by following this Android Tutorial, you can update your Sony Xperia XZ (G8231 / G8232) manually. We recommend to not wait for OTA update and follow our easy guide on How to Update Sony Xperia XZ (G8231 / G8232) to Android 7.1.1 Nougat manually because this May security update comes with a lot of bug fixes and awesome and unique features. After updating Xperia XZ to Android 7.1.1 Nougat you will get features like App Shortcuts, Image Keyboard support, Customizable Quick Settings, Do Not Disturb, Enhanced Doze Mode, and System UI Tuner. Apart from looking for new features, we always recommend keeping your devices updated with the latest firmware. Therefore, if you want to install Android 7.1.1 Nougat May Security update on Xperia XZ then follow the below guide.
Before proceeding please take note that this guide is only meant to be used for Sony Xperia XZ (G8231 / G8232). Please don’t try it on any other Model.
ANDROIDTUTORIAL.NET WILL NOT BE HELD RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY KIND OF DAMAGE. PROCEED AT YOUR OWN RISK.
- Before proceeding any further backup all your important data like Emails, Messages, Personal Photos, and Videos.
- Download and install latest Sony Xperia XZ USB drivers on your Windows PC or Mac.
- Make sure USB Debugging mode is enabled on your Android Device. You can enable USB Debugging by going to Settings > Developer Options.
- The device should be charged up to 70% to avoid any unexpected shutdowns. This is very important, any shutdown during the process can damage your device permanently.
- Download Nougat May security official update for Xperia XZ (G8331)
- Download Nougat May security official update for Xperia XZ Dual (G8332)
- Download Sony Flash Tool
How to Install Android 7.1.1 Nougat May Security Update On Sony Xperia XZ (G8231 / G8232)
- First, Download Android 7.1.1 May security official update and Sony Flash Tool for Sony Xperia XZ on your PC.
- Now copy the FTF update file to C:/Flashtool/firmwares.
- Next, launch the Sony Flash Tool on your PC and then load the FTF update package which you downloaded from above links.
- Click on the Flash button in the lower right corner of the tool.
- Make sure that all three options selected in Wipe Menu.
- In the last, select the option “No Final Verification” at the bottom.
- Here, the tool will display a message saying “Connect the Xperia XZ to the USB using its USB data cable.”
- It’s time to boot your Xperia XZ in flash mode. To do so, Turn off the device completely then turn it back on while pressing and holding Volume Down button. At the same time, you need to connect your device with the PC using a data cable. We recommend to only use genuine OEM data cable to avoid any problems.
- Now your phone is in flash mode and Android 7.1.1 Nougat May Security update will be installed on your Sony Xperia XZ.
- Once the installation is completed, reboot the device.