Google has started rolling out Android 8.1 Oreo OPM1 Feb 2018 to Google Pixel 2. This is not a big update, but a monthly security update by Google. Many vulnerabilities are removed and small bugs are fixed. This is actually and security update so it’s recommended that you update your Google Pixel 2 to Android 8.1 Oreo OPM1 Feb 2018. After the update, you will lose your root status (If you have a rooted device) on Pixel 2. However, we have got you covered, update to the latest Android 8.1 Oreo OPM1 Feb 2018 and follow our guide on How To Root Google Pixel 2 on Android 8.1 OPM1 Feb 2018 Oreo.
This is an important update as Google has finally unlocked the Pixel Visual core for app developers to utilize. We have already shared a guide on How To Enable Pixel Visual Core on Google Pixel 2 and Pixel 2 XL.
The update will reach your device Over the Air (OTA), but as we know OTA updates are released in batches so all the users don’t get the update at once. In this guide, we will tell you how to update Google Pixel 2 to Android 8.1 Oreo OPM1 Feb 2018.
Therefore, if you are looking to Install Android 8.1 Oreo OPM1 Feb 2018 stock firmware on Google Pixel 2 then you are in the right place. Just follow the below guide carefully and within no time your Google Pixel 2 will be updated to Android 8.1 Oreo OPM1 Feb 2018 stock firmware.
- Setup and Install ADB/Fastboot Drivers.
- Unlock Bootloader on Google Pixel 2.
- Enable Developer Options, to do this go to Settings>About Phone. From here tap on build number 6 to 7 times.
- Enable USB Debugging in Settings>Developer Options.
- Install Google Pixel 2 USB Drivers for Windows PC or Mac.
- Backup all important data.
- Make sure your device is charged up to 60% to avoid any shutdowns during the installation of Android 8.1 Oreo OPM1 Feb 2018 stock firmware.
How to Install Android 8.1 Oreo OPM1 Feb 2018 Stock Firmware on Google Pixel 2
- Download Android 8.1 Oreo OPM1 Factory Image (walleye-opm1.171019.019-factory-b9946689.zip) for Pixel 2 on your PC, if you haven’t already.
- Now turn off your Google Pixel 2 and connect it to your PC via USB Cable.
- Get into the Fastboot/Bootloader Mode on your phone. Turn ON the phone while pressing and holding the Volume Up + Volume Down + Power buttons till you see the Fastboot menu and START on top.
- Now extract the downloaded update file anywhere on your computer. Go to the walleye-OPM1 folder and Copy/Paste all the files into Fastboot folder.
- Now from the factory image files in the Fastboot Folder do the following depending on your OS.
- On Windows: Run the file “flash-all.bat”.
- On Mac: Run the file “flash-all.sh” using Terminal
- On Linux: Run the file “flash-all.sh”.
- That’s pretty much it! Now, wait and watch as the installation gets completed. Once the process is completed the phone will reboot. The first boot can take up to 5 minutes.
Enjoy Android 8.1 Oreo OPM1 Feb 2018 stock firmware on Google Pixel 2.