Everyone was anxiously waiting for the OxygenOS 5.0.2 OTA Update on OnePlus 5 because of the famous Face Unlock Feature. Face Unlock became so popular with OnePlus 5T that OnePlus had to bring this feature to OnePlus 5 and the older OnePlus 3/3T. The Face Unlock Feature was promised to come with the Android 8.0 Oreo update for OnePlus 5. The good news is that OxygenOS 5.0.2 is now being pushed worldwide via an OTA update. Which means that all the users are not going to get the update at once. Therefore, if you haven’t received the OTA update yet then don’t worry. In this article, we will tell you how to install OxygenOS 5.0.2 OTA Update on OnePlus 5. Now you don’t have to wait, take matters into your own hand and manually download OxygenOS 5.0.2 OTA update and install it on your OnePlus 5.
What’s new in OxygenOS 5.0.2 OTA Update
- Supported EIS for video recording
- New Launcher V2.2
- New Gallery V2.0
- New Weather V1.9
- New File Manager V1.7.6
- Added face unlock function
- General bug fixes and improvements
- Applied CPU security patch: CVE-2017-13218
- Make sure your device is charged up to 60% to avoid any shutdowns during the installation of OxygenOS 5.0.2.
- Backup all important data just in case something goes wrong.
How To Install OxygenOS 5.0.2 OTA Update on OnePlus 5
- Download the OxygenOS 5.0.2 OTA update zip file from the downloads
- After downloading the update zip file transfer it to the root of your SD Card.
- Now go to your Phone’s Settings >> System Updates.
- In System Updates click on the Gear Icon at the top right of the screen which will open the Settings of System updates.
- Here click on ‘Local Upgrade’ and you will see the OTA zip file which downloaded and transferred to the root of your SD Card.
- Click on the OTA Zip file, a pop-up box will open which will ask if you want to upgrade to latest OTA update.
- Click on ‘Upgrade Now’ and the installation will start. Once OxygenOS 5.0.2 OTA update is installed on your OnePlus 5 the device will reboot automatically.
That’s it! Now you know How To Install OxygenOS 5.0.2 OTA Update On OnePlus 5. After installing the update you should get the famous Face Unlock Feature on your OnePlus 5. However, if you don’t see Face Unlock feature even after updating. Then check our guide on How To Get Face Unlock Feature for OnePlus 5 After Update.