Android 7.1.2 Nougat is now available for Huawei Y550 via Resurrection Remix Custom ROM. Huawei Y550 was released back in September 2014 with Android 4.4.2 KitKat out of the box. Apparently, it’s not possible to install the latest Android 7.1.2 Nougat on Huawei Y550. But thanks to the awesome team of Resurrection Remix you can install Android 7.1.2 Nougat on Huawei Y550 via custom ROM. This custom ROM includes many special features handpicked from Lineage OS, CM AOKP etc. and also includes gesture features. The Resurrection Remix Custom ROM is very stable and can be used as a daily driver without any issue. This custom ROM by Resurrection Remix is not an official release by Huawei, therefore, your Huawei Y550 must be rooted and a custom recovery like TWRP or CWM must be installed on it.
So, if you are ready to install Resurrection Remix Android 7.1.2 Nougat Custom ROM on Huawei Y550 then follow our step by step guide carefully. This custom ROM will performance extremely fast on the relatively older Huawe Y550 because Resurrection Remix team has made sure that the custom ROM is extremely optimized. However, they haven’t compromised on features while making it fast. The ROM is packed with awesome features which you find very useful.
Without any further ado, let’s jump straight to the guide on How to install Resurrection Remix Android 7.1.2 Nougat Custom ROM on Huawei Y550.
However before proceeding please take note that this guide is only meant to be used on Huawei Y550.
ANDROIDTUTORIAL.NET WILL NOT BE HELD RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY KIND OF DAMAGE. PROCEED AT YOUR OWN RISK.
- Your device must be rooted and ClockworkMod recovery must be installed.
- Before proceeding any further backup all your important data like Emails, Messages, Personal Photos, and Videos.
- Download Huawei Y550 USB drivers on your Windows PC or Mac.
- Make sure USB Debugging mode is enabled on your Android Device. You can enable USB Debugging by going to Settings > Developer Options.
- The device should be charged up to 70% to avoid any unexpected shutdowns. This is very important, any shutdown during the process can damage your device permanently.
How to Install Resurrection Remix Android 7.1.2 Nougat Custom ROM on Huawei Y550
We have tried to keep to very simple, for that reason we have put the guide step by step. You just need to follow every step carefully.
- Download Resurrection Remix Android 7.1.2 Nougat Custom ROM and GAPPS for Huawei Y550 on your computer.
- Connect your Huawei Y550 with the computer using USB cable.
- Copy/Paste Android 7.1.2 Custom ROM.zip and Gapps.zip files to your SD Card. Make sure to place files on the root of SD Card and not in any folder.
- Then turn off your device and disconnect the USB Cable.
- Now get into recovery mode. Turn On the phone while pressing and holding Volume Up + Power Buttons together. Keep the buttons pressed until you see Android Logo on your screen.
- Then in recovery mode perform a full data wipe by selecting wipe Data/factory reset. Use volume rockers for navigation and power button for option selection.
- Now, go to Advanced Option and clear the cache by selecting wipe cache partition and wipe dalvik cache.
- After performing Step 6 and 7, navigate back to the main recovery mode screen and select install zip from SD card.
- Now choose Android 7.1.2 Custom ROM zip file, which you copied to your SD Card, and start the installation process.
- Repeat the same process for installing GAPPS after you are done with Step 9.
- That’s it! Now simply navigate to Recovery Mode Main Screen and select “Reboot System Now”. First boot can take up to five minutes.
That’s it! Now you know How to Install Resurrection Remix Android 7.1.2 Nougat Custom ROM on Huawei Y550.