In this Android tutorial, we will tell you how to install TWRP 3.2.3 Recovery On Xiaomi Mi A2 Lite. You can now download the official build of TWRP for Xiaomi Mi A2 Lite from this post. TWRP is a custom recovery which allows you to flash third-party ROMs and packages on Android phones. Custom Recovery also comes in handy if you decide to root your device. So, if you are looking forward to unleashing the true potential of your Mi A2 Lite then you should definitely install TWRP on it. Anyhow, even if you are not a power user, TWRP is still a good thing to have on your device. It simply gives you so many options which are, otherwise, not available in stock recovery.
Installing TWRP 3.2.3 recovery on Xiaomi Mi A2 Lite is not a very difficult task, however, preparing your device to perform this task can take a little bit of your time. Therefore, we recommend that before going to the installation guide, carefully go through the pre-requisites section. A device well prepared, won’t create any problems during the installation process.
Before we go on to the pre-requisites section and then actual installation guide, first let’s take a quick look at the features of TWRP 3.2.3 recovery.
TWRP Recovery 3.2.3 Features
- Ability to save custom recovery settings
- Partitions (Default) to back up
- Zip folder (Default) location
- Default color theme (lots to choose from) (Thanks to folks!)
- Default Time Zone (for more accurate timestamps)
- Zip Signature Verification
- Zip md5 Verification (looks for the file with zipping name.zip.md5)
- Can flash multiple zips in one go
- You can to select which individual partitions to backup, and restore.
- Ability to choose compression or no compression backups.
- Compression takes longer of course, but you save roughly half the space. EVO3D’s stock system uncompressed is ~800mb, 380mb compressed. You choose.
- Ability to auto restore GAPPS on zipping flash (for CM based ROMS)
- Ability to auto reboot after successful flashes (for the lazy)
- Some devices utilize their capacitive buttons in recovery.
- Home – Main Menu
- Menu – Advanced Menu
- Back – Up a Menu Level
- Search – Select Current Selection
- Battery Level and Timestamp
Now that you know what you can do with a feature-rich custom recovery like TWRP, it’s time to get this installed on your Mi A2 Lite. Sit on tight, and follow all the instructions with due care.
- Setup and Install ADB and Fastboot Drivers on Your PC.
- Enable Developer Options, to do this go to Settings > About Phone. From here tap on build number 6 to 7 times.
- Download Xiaomi Mi A2 Lite USB Drivers.
- Enable USB Debugging in Settings > Developer Options.
- Enable OEM Unlocking by going to Settings > Developer Options.
- Unlock Xiaomi Mi A2 Lite bootloader. (The guide was written for Pocophone F1, but it will work same as on Mi A2 Lite).
- Make sure your device is charged up to 60% to avoid any shutdowns during the installation process.
Note: This guide is only meant to be used for Mi A2 Lite. Please don’t try this on any other phone.
How To Install TWRP 3.2.3 Recovery On Xiaomi Mi A2 Lite
- Power off your device and connect it to the PC via a USB Data Cable.
- Download TWRP 3.2.3 Recovery and place it the directory where you have set up Fastboot/ADB.
- Go to Fastboot/Bootloader Mode on Mi A2 Lite by pressing and holding Volume Up + Volume Down + Power buttons at the same for a while. Your Mi A2 Lite phone is now in Bootloader Mode.
- Go to the directory where you have Fastboot and ADB on Windows: Open Command Prompt (Shift + Right-click > Open Command Prompt).
- Type in the following command and hit Enter: fastboot flash recovery twrp-3.2.3-0-daisy.img
- Once the flashing process is completed, select Recovery from the Fastboot menu and enter into Recovery Mode.
That’s it! You have successfully installed TWRP 3.2.3 on Xiaomi Mi A2 Lite.