It’s not been long since Samsung Galaxy Note 8 was revealed in a flashing event held by Samsung. After the debacle of Galaxy Note 7, people were very conscious about Galaxy Note 8. But, Samsung did a tremendous job and launched a marvel in shape of Samsung Galaxy Note 8. Not only did Galaxy Note 8 managed to gain the trust of the people, Samsung received record numbers of pre-orders for Galaxy Note 8. The developers around the world also got active as soon as the phone was launched and to our surprise, we already have a TWRP recovery for Galaxy Note 8. In this tutorial, we will tell you how to install TWRP and root Galaxy Note 8.
Having root access and TWRP Recovery installed on your Galaxy Note 8 has many benefits. Even though Galaxy Note 8 has highly optimized Android 7.0 Nougat installed on it, still you would want to add some more features and remove bloatware. You can wipe cache, Dalvik cache and other individual partitions of your Galaxy Note 8 with the help of the new TWRP recovery. There are endless customization opportunities once gain root access and install TWRP Recovery on Galaxy Note 8.
Please note that this guide is only meant for Galaxy Note 8 with Exynos Chip. The model number doesn’t matter as far as your device has Exynos Chip. Here is the list of Galaxy Note 8 Model numbers.
So, without any further ado, let’s jump straight to the guide and learn how to install TWRP and root Galaxy Note 8.
ANDROIDTUTORIAL.NET WILL NOT BE HELD RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY KIND OF DAMAGE. PROCEED AT YOUR OWN RISK.
NOTE: YOU MUST ENABLE “OEM UNLOCK” (located in Developers options) BEFORE YOU DO ANYTHING.
- Before proceeding any further backup all your important data like Emails, Messages, Personal Photos, and Videos.
- Download and install Latest Samsung Galaxy Note 8 USB drivers on your Windows PC or Mac.
- Make sure USB Debugging mode is enabled on your Android Device. You can enable USB Debugging by going to Settings > Developer Options.
- While using Odin3, disable Samsung Kies if you have it installed on your PC.
- The device should be charged up to 70% to avoid any unexpected shutdowns. This is very important, any shutdown during the process can damage your device permanently.
- Latest Odin
- TWRP Recovery for Galaxy Note 8
- Download no-verity-opt-encrypt-5.1.zip file.
- Download latest SuperSU.zip file.
How To Install TWRP and Root Galaxy Note 8 [EXYNOS]
- First download above mentioned files on your PC.
- Extract the TWRP for Galaxy Note 8 to get the file with .tar extension and Odin flashing tool to get the Odin file.
- Now boot your phone into download mode.
- To boot Galaxy S8/S8+ into Download Mode, Turn your phone off. Once it’s fully off, press and hold the Bixby and Volume Down button and then press the Power button. The phone will boot into Download Mode. Now, press Volume Up key to continue!
- Run Odin as administrator on PC.
- Now connect your phone with computer using OEM USB cable.
- Once the Galaxy Note 8 is connected successfully with the PC, the ID: COM port will turn Yellow on Odin, and you’ll see “Added!!”
- Click on the AP button on Odin and locate the file twrp-3.1.1-0-greatlte_V2.img.tar which you extracted earlier. Once located, select it.
- Make sure that the Auto Reboot and F . Reset Time options are checked and Re-Partition option should be unchecked.
- Now click on the Start button in Odin to initiate the installation process of TWRP on Galaxy Note 8.
- A PASS! message will appear once the installation of TWRP on Galaxy Note 8 is successful. The device will restart now.
- Disconnect the device from PC and turn it off to boot it in TWRP Recovery mode.
- Accessing the recovery mode in Galaxy S8/s8+ is pretty easy. All you need to do is to turn your device completely off. Once it’s off, press and hold the Bixby and Volume Up button and then press the Power button. Once the phone turned on, leave the Power button and keep the Bixby and Volume Up button pressed. Let go every button once you see the blue screen with Android logo.
- Now your phone is in recovery mode. It will ask you whether you want to allow modifications. Swipe the screen and get into TWRP now.
- In the main menu of TWRP Recovery, tap Wipe >> Format Data.
- After you are done with formatting, get back to the main menu of TWRP recovery.
- Here connect your phone to PC and copy the DM-Verity and SuperSU.zip files to your phone’s internal storage.
- Now disconnect your phone and In TWRP’s home-screen, tap Install > locate the DM-Verity.zip file and flash it.
- Now Flash SuperSU package.
That’s it! Reboot your phone now.