Now you can update Xiaomi Redmi 3 to Android 8.0 Oreo Custom ROM. You can install Lineage OS 15.0 Custom Rom based on Android 8.0 Oreo on Redmi 3. This LineageOS 15 custom ROM is developed by an XDA Member, Anik khan, by taking its source code from the main LineageOS code base. By installing this custom ROM on Redmi 3, you will be able to enjoy all the official features of Android 8.0 Oreo along with many aftermarket awesome features developed by Lineage. We must mention here that ROM is not 100% stable yet, it has some minor issues. Other than those minor issues, the Custom ROM is just fine and you should immediately try it out on your Xiaomi Redmi 3.
By following our guide on How to Update Xiaomi Redmi 3 to Android 8.0 Oreo Custom ROM, you will be able to enjoy the latest Android Oreo flavor on Redmi 3. This is not an official update by Xiaomi and just a custom ROM. Therefore, in order to install it, your device must be rooted and CWM must be installed on it.
ANDROIDTUTORIAL.NET WILL NOT BE HELD RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY KIND OF DAMAGE. PROCEED AT YOUR OWN RISK.
- Your device must be rooted and ClockworkMod recovery must be installed.
- Before proceeding any further backup all your important data like Emails, Messages, Personal Photos, and Videos.
- Download Redmi 3 USB Drivers on your Windows PC or Mac.
- Make sure USB Debugging mode is enabled on your Android Device. You can enable USB Debugging by going to Settings > Developer Options.
- The device should be charged up to 70% to avoid any unexpected shutdowns. This is very important, any shutdown during the process can damage your device permanently.
How to Update Xiaomi Redmi 3 to Android 8.0 Oreo Custom ROM
We have tried to keep to very simple, for that reason we have put the guide step by step. You just need to follow every step carefully.
- Download Android 8.0 LineageOS 15 Custom ROM and GAPPS for Redmi 3.
- Connect your device with the computer using USB cable.
- Copy/Paste Android 8.0 LinageOS 15 Custom ROM.zip and Gapps.zip files to your SD Card. Make sure to place files on the root of SD Card and not in any folder.
- Then turn off your device and disconnect the USB Cable.
- Now get into recovery mode. Turn On the phone while pressing and holding Volume Up + Home buttons together.
- Then in recovery mode perform a full data wipe by selecting wipe Data/factory reset. Use volume rockers for navigation and power button for option selection.
- Now, go to Advanced Option and clear the cache by selecting wipe cache partition and wipe dalvik cache.
- After performing Step 6 and 7, navigate back to the main recovery mode screen and select install zip from SD card.
- Now choose Android 8.0 LineageOS 15 Custom ROM zip file, which you copied to your SD Card, and start the installation process.
- Repeat the same process for installing GAPPS after you are done with Step 9.
- That’s it! Now simply navigate to Recovery Mode Main Screen and select “Reboot System Now”. First boot can take up to five minutes.
You have successfully updated your Xiaomi Redmi 3 to Android 8.0 Oreo Custom ROM.