Sony had a wonderful journey with Nougat updates. All the Sony devices received timely Android Nougat updates. Sony plans to continue the same, many of Sony Xperia Devices are receiving Android 8.0 Oreo updates. Sony Xperia XZs is now receiving Android 8.0 Oreo update all over the world. Obviously, this update is pushed via OTA update so all the users are not going to get updated at once. But if you don’t want to wait for the OTA update then you can Download Xperia XZs Android 8.0 Oreo FTF Firmware (41.3.A.0.401). If you want to manually update Xperia XZs to Android 8.0 Oreo then keep on reading.
Android 8.0 Oreo will bring a lot of cosmetic changes to your Xperia XZs. Sony has introduced 3D Creator, Predictive Capture (Smile), Autofocus Burst, App shortcuts and improved sound quality. Therefore, to enjoy all these features, you shouldn’t wait for OTA update and Download Xperia XZs Android 8.0 Oreo FTF Firmware and update Xperia XZs manually to Android 8.0 Oreo.
You can manually check the Xperia XZs 41.3.A.0.401 Oreo update by going to Settings -> About Phone -> Software Updates.
- Before proceeding any further backup all your important data like Emails, Messages, Personal Photos, and Videos.
- Download and install Xperia XZs USB drivers on your PC.
- Make sure USB Debugging mode is enabled on your Android Device. You can enable USB Debugging by going to Settings > Developer Options.
- The device should be charged up to 70% to avoid any unexpected shutdowns. This is very important, any shutdown during the process can damage your device permanently.
How to Update Sony Xperia XZs To Android 8.0 Oreo
- Download FlashTool from above and install Flashtool drivers. Go to Flashtool > Drivers > Flashtool-drivers.exe and install the Flashtool, Fastboot & Xperia drivers.
- Next download Download Xperia XZs Android 8.0 Oreo FTF Firmware (41.3.A.0.401) from above and save it on Flashtool > Firmwares folder.
- Now run the Flashtool.exe.
- Click on Flash device->Flashmodeand Select the FTF firmware file.
- If you want a clean install from scratch Check Wipe cache, data, APPS_LOGand Otherwise, uncheck these options.
- After that click OK to start the preparation of flashing process. This process may take some time so be patient and let the process finish.
- When the firmware is loaded successfully you would know. The tool will now ask you to connect the phone.
- Therefore, Turn off your phone, now press and hold volume down key and connect it to PC via USB Cable.
- The flashtool will detect your phone, and will automatically start the installation process.
- Once the installation is completed, your phone will restart itself.
That’s it! You have successfully Updated Sony Xperia XZs to Android 8.0 Oreo.