In this Android Tutorial, we are going to tell you how to update Xiaomi Pocophone F1 to MIUI 10 Android 9 Pie. We have seen the release of a lot of well affordable flagship devices this year. Mobile manufacturers are now focusing more on releasing very good devices with affordable price tags. Xiaomi is going down the same path and in the attempt, they released one of the best affordable flagship device this year known as Xiaomi Pocophone F1. The Pocophone F1 has a long list of very impressive hardware including the Qualcomm Snapdragon 845 SoC, 6GB/8GB of RAM with 64GB/128GB/256GB of storage. Moreover, it has a Full HD+ 6.18-inch IPS LCD display, dual 12MP + 5MP (depth sensor) rear cameras, a 20MP front-facing camera.
The phone ships with MIUI 9.6 on top of Android 8.1 Oreo. Last month Xiaomi released the first Android 8.1 Oreo-based MIUI 10 Global Beta ROM for Xiaomi Pocophone F1. Since then they have been releasing weekly beta updates for MIUI Global Beta ROM. Xiaomi is all set to release the MIUI 10 Global Stable ROM for Pocophone F1 at the end of this week. However, this stable ROM update will be based on Android Oreo, and not on Android 9 Pie.
So, if you are in a hurry to test MIUI 10 based on Android 9 Pie on your Pocophone F1 then you are in for a treat. As we have the leaked version of MIUI 10 based on Android 9 Pie for Pocophone F1. You can download Android 9 Pie based MIUI 10 for Pocophone F1 and install it on your Xiaomi Pocophone F1 with the help of our guide.
The leaked version of MIUI 10 would bring your OS version to Android 9 Pie and MIUI version to MIUI 10 8.10.30. It comes with the October security patch.
This MIUI 10 8.10.30 update guide is only for Pocophone F1. Verify your device model by going to Settings > About Phone.
- Make sure you have created a full backup of your device including your personal photos and videos.
- Your device should have more than 60 percent or higher battery to prevent any unexpected shutdowns during the update process.
- You need to activate the USB Debugging on your device. You can enable USB Debugging on Pocophone F1by navigating to Settings > Developer Options.
- Install the latest Xiaomi Pocophone F1 USB Drivers.
How to Update Xiaomi Pocophone F1 to MIUI 10 Android 9 Pie
Install MIUI 10 8.10.30 via Update Recovery ROM
- First of all, download the MIUI 10 8.10.3 Global Beta Recovery ROM update file and rename it to ‘Update.zip’.
- Now, Connect your Xiaomi Pocophone F1 to the PC via USB cable.
- Place the Update file on your phone.
- Once done, Go to the Updater App from your phone app menu and click on the three dots (‘…’) at the top right corner and select the ‘Choose Update Package’.
- Once selected, the installation process will initiate and will take some time to complete.
That’s it. You have successfully updated your Xiaomi Pocophone F1 to MIUI 10 Android 9 Pie.