Dual SIM smartphones has been in the business from a very long time and many smartphone owners now prefers Dual SIM smartphones rather than a single SIM. Dual SIM are quite popular in countries like Pakistan, India, United States and in United Kingdom. Every carrier, now a days, supports dual SIMs and this feature is also available in Pixel 4 and Pixel 4 XL.
How to Set up the first SIM on Pixel:
Setting up the first SIM on the device is quite easy and you will need to set of them individually. You can start either with a physical SIM or the eSIM. So, let’s setup eSIM on Pixel 4.
How to activate eSIM on Pixel 4:
- In order to activate the eSIM, the network carrier whether its T-Mobile or some other will send you a QR code or an activation number.
- Now go to Settings > Network & Internet > Mobile Network.
- Select Carrier and tap on Add Carrier.
- Select “Don’t have a SIM Card?” And tap on Next.
- Scan the QR code
- Select Start and your eSIM number will be added.
That’s it. You have successfully setup and activate eSIM on Pixel device. Now it’s time to setup the second SIM.
How to Setup physical SIM as the Pixel 4:
- Insert the physical SIM into the SIM card tray.
- Once inserted, you will see a pop-up message that says “ Use 2 numbers? “. Tap on Continue and then Restart.
- Now, go to Settings > Network & Internet > Mobile Network.
- Tap on the added networks to set call and text preferences.
That’s it. You have successfully setup second SIM on Pixel 4. If you ever want to enable or disable dual SIM feature of the device. You can do so by following these steps.
How to activate or deactivate dual SIM mode on Pixel 4:
- Open the phone app and dial *#*#4636#*#*.
- Scroll down and toggle on or off the Enable DSDS settings.