Download Android 10 update for Asus Zenfone 5 (V17.0615.2003.20): Once you are done with this Android Tutorial, you will be able to download Android 10 update and also install it manually on Asus Zenfone 5. Asus Zenfone 5 ZE620KL was released back in 2018 and today in 2020 it’s in process of receiving Android 10 update. Asus Zenfone 5 was always a strong contender to receive the latest Android 10 OS update. Asus has always been known for giving its loyal users with the latest incremental software updates. Following, you will be download Android 10 update for Asus Zenfone ZE620KL.
The company has started pushing the latest Android 10 update for Asus Zenfone 5 model that brings the build number V17.0615.2003.20 which comes quite late after the Zenfone Max Pro M1. Asus Zenfone Max Pro M1 was quick to receive the Android 10 update since it was using the pure Android implementation. Whereas, on the other hand, Asus Zenfone 5 uses custom skin ZenUI, which needs a lot more effort to get updated to the latest Android 10. Anyhow, finally Asus has done it and as we write this article the Android 10 update for Asus Zenfone 5 ZE620KL is being rolled out.
Download and Install Android 10 Update for Asus Zenfone 5 ZE620KL
This is not the quickest of the releases, but finally, Asus is rolling out Android beta update to it’s very famous Asus Zenfone 5 ZE620KL. Now all the interested Zenfone 5 owners can easily download Android 10 beta and install it on their devices.
- The system will remove all the data after the upgrade. Please make sure to back up important data before updating your Asus Zenfone 5 to Android 10 beta update.
- This guide is only meant for Asus Zenfone 5 (ZE620KL) model only. To check your phone model go to Settings >> About phone >> About device. The device name and model number should be listed here.
- The handset should be running on the 0615.2002.120 firmware version before you upgrade to the Android 10 Developer version.
- Make sure to have the latest Asus Zenfone 5 USB drivers installed on your PC.
- Enable USB debugging before attempting to update your phone to Android 10 beta.
Warning: This is a beta update, so, it will have plenty of bugs. That’s why in the last we will tell you how to downgrade to Android 9 from Android 10 beta update. So, if the number of bugs gets unbearable for you, you can easily downgrade your Asus Zenfone 5 to stable Android 9 Pie.
How to Install Android 10 on Asus Zenfone 5 ZE620KL: Local Upgrade (V17.0615.2003.20)
- Download the UL pack to the internal storage of your handset without any folder. Meaning, don’t download it in any folder.
- Tap on the firmware update available notification > Enter passwords.
- After executing and installing UL pack successfully, the device will reboot.
- While the system reboots, it will go into the setup wizard. The system will be upgraded to the Android 10 beta update after done with the setup wizard.
If you didn’t like the Android 10 beta update, or you regret your decision of upgrading to the Android 10 beta update. You can simply follow the below guide on how to downgrade to Android 9 Pie from Android 10 (ASUS Zenfone 5 ZE620KL).
How to downgrade to Android 9 Pie from Android 10 (Asus Zenfone 5)
- Once again, take back up of all the important data since your phone will be wiped clean during the process of downgrading to Android 9 Pie.
- Download the firmware downgrade image and then put it to the root directory of the MicroSD card on your phone.
- Now switch off the device.
- Press the Power + Volume Down buttons together for a couple of seconds to enter into the Recovery Mode.
- Use Volume up/down buttons to navigate your way through the different menus and options. And use the power button to make the selection.
- Choose apply update from external storage and press the Power Button to select it.
- Next, press the Volume Down/Up button to navigate/highlight the downgrade file you have just downloaded.
- Press the Power button to select and confirm the downgrade process.
- Once done, you have to select the Wipe data/factory reset option > Tap on the Yes button to perform the factory reset.
- After that, select Wipe cache partition> Tap on Yes.
- Finally, choose the Reboot system now
That’s it! You have successfully downgraded your ASUS Zenfone 5 to Android 9.