OnePlus 5T only got released yesterday and we already have TWRP available for OnePlus 5T. You must be thinking that the device is set to be shipped on November 21, 2017, then why would you need TWRP for OnePlus 5T right now. Well, there are many flashoholics out there who would like to start flashing zips on OnePlus 5T as soon as they get their hands on it. This is not an official TWRP release for OnePlus 5T but it will work absolutely fine as you would expect – you can wipe partitions, make backups, and flash zip files. In this post, we will tell you how to install TWRP on OnePlus 5T.
So, follow the below step by step guide on how to install TWRP on OnePlus 5T and enjoy flashing zips of your choice. Be noted that installing TWRP
ANDROIDTUTORIAL.NET WILL NOT BE HELD RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY KIND OF DAMAGE. PROCEED AT YOUR OWN RISK.
- Before proceeding any further backup all your important data like Emails, Messages, Personal Photos, and Videos.
- Download and install Latest OnePlus 5T USB drivers on your Windows PC or Mac.
- Make sure USB Debugging mode is enabled on your Android Device. You can enable USB Debugging by going to Settings > Developer Options.
- The bootloader on OnePlus 5T must be unlocked.
- Setup and install ADB and Fastboot drivers on your PC.
- The device should be charged up to 70% to avoid any unexpected shutdowns. This is very important, any shutdown during the process can damage your device permanently.
How to install TWRP on OnePlus 5T
- Download the o5ttwrp.img file for OnePlus 5T from the ‘Downloads’ section.
- Now move the ‘o5ttwrp.img’ file to ADB and Fastboot folder.
- It’s time to boot your device into bootloader mode.
- To do so, Power off your device. Now turn it on by pressing and holding Power and Volume Down buttonssimultaneously for 5-6sec.
- Once your device is in bootloader mode connect the device to your PC via a USB cable.
- Go to ADB and Fastboot folder and open the command prompt there. Hold shift key + Right click> Select Open Command Window here.
- Type in the following command to install TWRP on OnePlus 5T.
- fastboot flash recovery img
- Now just reboot your device by typing in the following command in command prompt.
- fastboot reboot
- That’s about it.
TWRP is installed on your OnePlus 5T.