Here you can download Android 10 OTA official update for Nokia 8.1. Later in the post, we will also tell you how to manually install Android 10 stock OTA update on Nokia 8.1. HMD has always been the quickest, amongst all mobile manufacturers, in providing new Operating system updates to its users. It’s no exception this time, after Pixel, Xiaomi, OnePlus, and Essential Nokia is all set to roll-out Android 10 updates for its loyal users. As we write, Nokia 8.1 is receiving Android 10 update via OTA update all-over the world. They have released the update in batches, starting from the Asia region. So go to settings > system updates > and download the OTA update.
Releasing an update in batches means that not everyone is going to be updated at once. So, the update might take longer to reach your region compared to others. Anyhow, if you haven’t received the Android 10 OTA official update for Nokia 8.1 then you don’t have to worry. You can download the Android 10 OTA update for Nokia 8.1 and install it on your phone. This absolutely safe and official process. You don’t need root for it. Neither you will lose warranty by installing it manually.
The update comes with the September security patch along with all the latest and greatest features of Android 10.
Changelog for Nokia 8.1 Android 10 OTA update:
- Notification – Software upgrade – Android 10 (V4.15B)
- Dark mode — Take it easy on your eyes
- Smart reply — Save more time with recommended actions
- Gesture navigation — Get around with a swipe and a pull
- Additional controls for privacy and location –
- Google Security Patch (2019-09)
- Update size: 1448.7 MB
Download Nokia 8.1 Android 10 Official OTA Update
Official Nokia 8.1 OTA update features new firmware build number V4.15B. This is the full stock firmware or the OTA update zip file. The file size of this official OTA update is 1.4GB.
Now that you have the download link to the OTA zip file, it’s time to tell you how to install it on your Nokia 8.1.
How to Install Official Android 10 OTA update on Nokia 8.1
- Download the OTA zip file from the link provided above.
- Rename the file by adding “-update” at the end of the file name. For example PNX-415B-0-00WW-B03-update.zip
- Transfer the OTA zip to phone storage in the root folder.
- Open the phone app on your Nokia 8.1 and dial *#*#874#*#* to update.
- Confirm the update to install.
- Choose install now option.
- When the update is finished, restart your phone.
That’s it! You have successfully installed an Official Android 10 OTA update on your Nokia 8.1.