OnePlus devices are always considered better than budget devices but fall significantly short compared to flagships. The only apparent reason for OnePlus devices not being considered flagships is the shaky opinion of users regarding its camera quality. Despite, having dual camera setup on the latest OnePlus 5T/5 the quality it produces is nowhere near the like of Galaxy devices, Pixel Devices, and iPhone X. Other than the camera, the OnePlus 5 T/5 has everything which is required for the device to become a flagship. However, to improve the camera quality on the OnePlus 5T/5 a senior XDA member txx1219 has developed a Magisk Mod OnePlus Camera M.
Right after the installation of OnePlus Camera M mod, you will see the significant difference in the camera quality. Screenshots showing the difference are provided below. In this Android Tutorial, we will tell you how to improve camera quality on OnePlus 5T/5 with Camera M Mod.
Features of Camera M Mod
- JPEG quality increased to 100
- Denoise responsible for the watercolor picture disabled
- Sharpness adapted before picture been processing
- Possibility of choosing front camera sharpness in Settings
- Your OnePlus 5T/5 must have unlocked bootloader.
- Camera M mod will only work if your OnePlus Camera App is in its original state. Meaning, you need to uninstall any updates. To do so, Go to Settings> Apps > OnePlus Camera and disable the app. This will restore the OnePlus Camera app to factory version. After this, again re-enable app.
- Make sure latest Magisk is installed on your OnePlus 5T/5.
- Your OnePlus 5T/5 must be rooted with Magisk and TWRP must be installed.
How To Improve Camera Quality On OnePlus 5T/5 With Camera M Mod
- Download the OnePlus Camera M mod from the link given above.
- Move the downloaded file to your device.
- Now launch the Magisk Manager app. Once the app is opened, tap on the Menu (Three Parallel Lines) in the top right corner.
- From the Menu tap on ‘Modules’.
- Now tap on the big yellow ‘+’ button at the bottom.
- Here you will be asked to select the Masigk Module zip which you downloaded and placed on your device.
- After selecting the module, press install to start the process of installation of OnePlus Camera M Mod on your OnePlus 5T/5.
- Once the flashing process completes, tap on ‘REBOOT‘ at the bottom of the screen for the changes to take effect.
That’s it! You have successfully installed Camera M Mod on your OnePlus 5T/5.