Earlier this month Samsung released Android 10 OneUI 2.0 beta for Galaxy S10, S10e, and S10 Plus for both Exynos and Snapdragon variants. In continuance of the updates, Samsung had recently rolled out the OneUI 2.0 Beta 2 for Galaxy S10, S10e, and S10 Plus for its Exynos and Snapdragon variants. However, the rollout didn’t go smooth and users started facing a serious issue as soon they updated their Galaxy S10 phones to Android OneUI 2.0 beta. The issue was that they were locked out of their devices soon after updating to Android 10 Beta 2. However, Samsung immediately acknowledged the issue and started working on it. Today, they have released Android 10 Beta 2 HotFix for locked out of your device. You can download Android 10 Beta 2 for Galaxy S10, S10e, and S10 Plus with HotFix for locked out of your device.
Samsung started rolling out Android 10 Beta 2 for Exynos Variants of Galaxy S10/S10e/S10+ a week ago. However, the Beta 2 was infected with a serious bug which locked out users from their devices. In simple words, after being updated to Android 10 OneUI 2.0 Beta 2, Galaxy S10/S10e/S10+ stopped recognizing pin/password/pattern the user had set to unlock the phone. So, people were locked out of their own devices. Anyhow, the issue has been fixed and Android 10 Beta 2 for Galaxy S10, S10e, and S10 Plus with HotFix is now available for download.
I am locked out of my Galaxy S10 after updating to Android 10 Beta 2. What to do?
Unfortunately, if you are already locked out of your phone then you cannot apply this Android 10 beta 2 fix directly. You will first have to flash-back to Android Pie with Samsung Smart Switch, set up your device, without adding any sort of password, PIN, and pattern. Once done, check for the Android 10 beta 2 updates and install them. Remember, at the moment you are on Android 9.0 Pie. So, it might take some time before the Android 10 update is available for download.
If you don’t want to wait and immediately want to update your Galaxy S10 to Android 10 beta 2 HotFix update then keep on reading. Following you will get the download links for OTA zip files for Android 10 Beta 1 and Android 10 Beta 2.
You will first have to install Android 10 Beta 1 and then you can go on and install the Android 10 Beta 2 with HotFix for Locked out bug.
This OTA will take your device from beta 2 to beta 2 Hotfix on your Exynos S10 going from build ZSJF to ZSJL.
Android 10 Beta 1 OTA Updates for Galaxy S10/S10e/S10 Plus
Assuming that you have already installed Android 9.0 Pie on your effected Galaxy S10, now is the time to install Android 10 beta 1 and after that, you can easily update Android 10 beta 2 with the fix. Go on and download Android 10 OneUI 2.0 Beta 1 from the below links.
- Download OneUI 2.0 Beta for Galaxy S10e
- Download OneUI 2.0 Beta for Galaxy S10
- Download OneUI 2.0 Beta for Galaxy S10+
Note: The best way to update to Android 10 beta 1 is via Samsung Member’s App. However, if you want to manually install official Android 10 OneUI 2.0 beta update then click here.
NOTES for eligible devices! The update zips are only for MULTI-CSC OXM! You can check this by dialling using your phone app at – *#1234#, and check if OXM is in the CSC-build.
Eligible OXM multi CSC builds are ( ACR AFG AFR ATO AUT BGL BNG BRI CAC CAM CAU CHO COO DBT DKR ECT EGY EON EUR ILO INS ITV KSA LAO LUX MID MWD MXO MYM NEE NPL ORX PAK PEO PHE PHN ROM SEB SEE SEK SKZ SLK SMP THL THR TPA TPH TTT TUN TUR XEF XEH XEO XEU XEZ XFE XME XSG XSP XTC XXV )
And for single: ( BTC BTU CPW DOO EMP GLB GTO LYS MAT MM1 NZC OPS SER SIN SIO SMA STH TEB TEL TMC TNZ VAU VNZ WTL XFA XFV XNZ XSA )
New Features in Android 10 OneUI 2.0 Beta 2:
- Android 10 Beta 2 HotFix for locked out of your device.
- Security patch level: November 1, 2019
- The improved Camera feature has been added.
– The slow-motion feature has been added to the front camera.
- Intelligent Wi-Fi 1.5
– Auto Hotspot feature has been added.
– Wi-Fi Tips feature has been added. (Provides help tips when something goes wrong with your Wi-Fi connection.)
- Media and devices
Easily controls external devices connected to your smartphone.
- The improved fingerprint recognition algorithm
Download Official Android 10 Beta 2 OTA Update with HotFix [OneUI 2.0]
- Exynos Galaxy S10 Plus Android 10 beta 2 | Download G975FXXU3ZSJ8 to ZSJF (mega mirror)
- Exynos Galaxy S10 Android 10 beta 2 | Download G973FXXU3ZSJ8 to ZSJF (mega mirror)
- Exynos Galaxy S10e Android 10 beta 2 | Download G970FXXU3ZSJ8 to ZSJF (mega mirror)
- Make sure you have Exynos variant of Galaxy S10e/S10/S10 Plus.
- Your phone must be on Android 10 beta 1 (OneUI 2.0).
- Enable OEM Unlocking and USB Debugging mode on your Samsung Galaxy S10.
- Charge your phone up to 60% to avoid any shutdowns. A shutdown during the installation process could damage your device.
How to update Exynos Galaxy S10/S10e/S10+ to Android 10 OneUI 2.0 Beta 2
- Download OTA update zip from the links provided above. Change the name of the zip file to update.zip.
- Transfer the file to your phone’s internal storage or SD Card.
- Reboot your Galaxy phone into recovery mode. To do so, turn off your phone completely and then press and hold Power + Volume Up + Bixby buttons simultaneously for a few seconds.
- Once you enter the stock recovery mode, use Volume rockers to navigate and select the option “apply update from SD card“.
- Now, go to the update.zip file, which you had placed on your phone, and press the power button to select it.
- The update process will start now. It can take 15 to 20 minutes to complete. Once it’s finished, restart your device.
That’s it! You have successfully installed OneUI 2.0 Android 10 Beta 2 with locked out bug fix on your Galaxy S10/S10e/S10+.